Once you have your program created and completely configured, you can start adding projects into it. You will need the program administrator or Amplify administrator privileges to be able to do this.
You can use the pre-configured classification templates within your program to create projects. When you create a project using a classification, all of the program items enabled for the classification including impacts, costs, RAID items, tasks, goals and resources will be made available for the project.
On the add project form, you are also able to specify which organisational or reporting group to add it to.
To add a project to your program:
- Navigate to the Projects tab in your program.
- Click on the New button on the right-hand side.
This will display the Create form. You can select the classification or template that you want to base your project definition on. You'll also see fields to specify the groups to add it.
- Enter Name and Description.
- Select the Classification as a project.
- Select a Start Date.
- Select an End Date.
- Select the Owner of the project.
- Click on the Save button to create the project or select the Create another checkbox to create another project.
The new project will be displayed under the Projects tab.