On the Cost tab, you can add project costs, allocate amounts to each type of cost or load cost amounts in bulk from a Microsoft Excel file into Amplify using the Cost Ledger.
To learn more, see the following articles:
- Adding new costs
- Allocating budgets, actuals and projected (forecast) cost amount into each cost type
- Loading bulk cost data using the Cost Ledger
Add a New Cost
To add a new cost:
- Click on the Cost tab and select the New Cost option.
- In the form that displays, enter the name of the cost.
- A cost category is a template that denotes a certain type of costs. The values that you see in this selection field are pre-configured by your program administrator.
- If the external identifier is enabled for the selected cost category, a field will display where you can specify the external ID.
- Click Save to add the cost record. If you want to add another cost, select the Create another checkbox.
Allocating Budgets, Actuals and Forecast Amount to the Cost
You will be able to see the data entry fields to manually enter amounts into each accounting period. You can complete this action using the steps described here.