Amplify allows you to set up custom labels for monthly accounting periods on dashboards and data entry pages. This is useful if you want to display your own labels in place of the names of the months. Accounting period, if configured can be applied to the following interface areas.
- Initiative dashboards
- Cost data entry
- Benefit data entry
- Measure data entry and measurement reminders (uses associated benefit's setting unless a shared measure)
- Resource capacity dashboard and data entry (uses associated initiative's setting)
- Resource demand dashboard and data entry (uses associated initiative's setting)
To set up a custom name for accounting periods, you will need to:
Configure Accounting Periods
To enable this configuration:
- Navigate to the classification settings page. This setting is available for project and impact classifications.
- Scroll down to locate the Format Date using Accounting Periods setting.
- Place a tick mark in the field.
- Save the setting.
You have now enabled accounting periods for the classification. The next step is to rename the accounting period months using the Translation setting.
Add Custom Names for Accounting Period Months
- From the upper-right corner, click on your user name or avatar and then select Administration from the list of options.
- Select the Translations tab.
- In the search text field at the top, type in "accounting".
This will display the translateable accounting period keywords in the results grid.
- Locate the label key that you want to rename.
- Click in the Custom Translation column and type in the new label.
- Click Apply and Restart for the translation to take effect.
The affected dashboards and data entry pages will reflect the change. The below screenshot shows a benefit dashboard where the months are renamed to 'M1', 'M2', etc.
Please note that the translations system has an additional dates section that allows the accounting period month translations to be entered separately to the regular month translations, but if you used the accounting period for translations, then the individual month keywords will be set to the same translation by default.
Please sign in to leave a comment.