If you frequently utilise status indicators for reporting, you might want to create custom coloured indicators in addition to the standard traffic light status indicators provided by Amplify. Custom Traffic Light fields can be used to configure distinct coloured representations of status indicators. You can use these fields to display project status, workflow status, or anything similar. A common use case is to use a custom Traffic Light field in place of Amplify's standard status indicator fields.
The Traffic Light custom field can be mapped to any classification. The below screenshot shows a custom traffic light field used to show a status indicator on the benefit profile.
To create a traffic light field:
- From the upper-right corner, click on your user name or avatar and then select Administration from the list of options.
- Select the Custom Fields tab.
- Click on the Define a New Custom Field button.
- Add all required information in the form that displays.
- In the Control drop-down field, select Traffic Light.
- Click Create Field.
- Map the field to any classification.
While configuring options, specify a name and colour for every option. Option with the lowest ranking would be of the highest priority.The new traffic light field will display as selectable fields to users.