Once you have saved your program, you will be able to alter the program settings. You will also have access to the inbuilt program items including a project type, impact type and a cost category template along with a type of each RAID item. It is a good idea to review the default program configurations and modify the required settings before making the program operational.
The Configuration menu contains sub-items and sub-sub-items that enables you to define and modify program-wide settings.
It is accessible via the side navigation menu of every program that you create, but you will be able to see it only if you have the Program Administrator role or the Amplify Administrator privileges.
The pages under the Configuration interface are pre-configured with a few default settings. Most of these settings are editable and reconfigurable.
Consider the following when working with the pages:
- General page allows you to define the general properties of the program.
- Reporting Groups page allows you to define a structure by which you can browse, group, and sort all data in your program.
- Properties page can be used to define standard fields, status indicators and custom fields that will be utilised in the program.
- Program Items
- Projects page: This page displays the default project type or template that was automatically created when you created the program. You are free to modify its settings or use it as is. It also allows you to define new project types. Learn about creating project types here.
- Impacts page: This page displays the impact type that was automatically added when the program was created. It also allows you to define different impact types that the project team members can utilise.
- RAID Items page: This page displays the inbuilt risk, assumption, issue and dependency (RAID) template that you are free to utilise. You can also define different types of RAID templates if required.
- Costs page: can be used to create cost categories to be used in the program.
- Schedule page: allows you to enable the Schedule feature at the program level and define custom fields for the task object.
- Goals page: can be used to create goal types for the program.
- Resources page: allows you to define resource types.
- Stage Gate Process page: can be used to nominate a stage-gate process applicable to the program.
- Baseline page: allows you to enable and configure baseline settings at the program level.
- Features page: can be used for enabling integration, scenarios and resource management features for the program.
- Reports page: allows you to configure reports.
- Workflows page: allows you to enable or disable established workflows, reconfigure them, or create new ones.
- Notifications page: allows you to enable and schedule email notifications.
- You can enable documents using the Advanced tab.
The information in the following topics will help you identify key configurations to deploy a fully functional Program model hierarchy at your site.
Please sign in to leave a comment.