The Impacts Ledger shows time series data on impacts over a specified period. This interface also offers a simpler way of recording and updating impact data. This feature replaces the Excel Import/Export feature that was available in Amplify versions below R20.7.
If you maintain impact data in Excel worksheets, you can quickly transfer the spreadsheet's contents into the ledger.
This article discusses:
- Filtering, organising and exporting impact data
- Creating personalised custom ledger views
- How to enable the impacts ledger for your initiative
- How to add or copy impact data into the ledger
Filter, Organise and Export Impact Data
The ledger interface displays the following useful functions that enable you to filter and organise impact data in the most effective fashion.
|Use this field to filter out the impact data based on the criteria you set for the impact Unit field. The drop-down list contains all of the unit types that are currently configured for your system. When you set a value in this filter, the ledger view will refresh to display only those records that meet the specified criteria. For example, if you select 'US Dollar', impact records with the unit set as 'US Dollar' will display.|
|Filter data based on the specified impact reporting cadence. The drop-down list contains all of the cadence values available in the system. When you set a value in this filter, the ledger view refreshes to display only those records that meet the specified criteria. For example, setting this filter to 'Month' will show all impacts with a monthly reporting cadence.|
Plan, Actual and Forecast selection boxes
|Use these checkboxes to choose the data series to be displayed in the ledger. For example, if you selected 'Plan', those impacts that have Plan value entries will display for the specific point in time when they were captured.|
Date Range picker and level bar
|Impacts Ledger will show data only for the range you set in the date selection lists on either side. You can also click on the circle and drag it across the level bar to adjust the date range.|
Header context menu
|Auto-size and reset columns.|
|Choose additional columns to display in the ledger. Click on 'Columns' and select the desired columns. Clicking on the Columns tab once again will hide it.|
|Specify conditions to filter the ledger data. Click on the 'Filters' tab to display a list of options. Click once again to hide the tab.|
Creating Personalised Custom Ledger Views
When you have set the required filters to display the data in your desired format and layout, you can save the filter and layout settings as a personalised view.
To create a custom ledger view:
- Set the required filters and reorganise the columns in the table as desired.
- Click on the Save button and select the 'Save as' option.
- Type a name for the view.
- Click on the Save button.
Your custom view will now be available among the list of options in the first filter drop-down on the page. You can discard the changes done to a saved View by clicking Discard Changes. To delete a saved view altogether, click Delete view.
Configuring the Impacts Ledger
To view Impacts Ledger, ensure that the Enable Impacts Ledger option is configured for the initiative classification.
To configure impacts ledger for an initiative:
- Ensure that the desired impact classification is defined in Amplify.
- Enable Impacts Ledger.
You will see Ledger as a menu item in the Impacts submenu. On clicking it, the Impacts Ledger will display the tabular view. Depending upon the column settings, all impacts created for the initiative will be displayed on the table's left-hand side.
Adding Impact Data
To add impacts into the ledger:
- Adjust the date range using the date range selector.
- Scroll down to the benefit for which you want to add data.
- Scroll across columns on the right-hand side of the ledger table to the period for which you want to enter data.
- Click in the target cell and type in the value.
- Press the ENTER key or click anywhere on the page to save the data.
To copy and paste data from a Microsoft Excel file into the ledger.
Copy data from a cell or a block of cells.
When copying from an excel sheet, you might end up overriding the saved data in the ledger if you are not careful. The copy function will not work if the selected range of excel data does not match the range of cells available/displayed in the ledger.
- To copy a range of cells:
- make sure to select the same number of cells in the ledger before pasting the data.
- Ensure that the date range displayed in the ledger corresponds to the date range of the data in the cells to be copied.
- To copy a single value, double click in the corresponding cell in the ledger view and then press Ctrl + V on the keyboard.
A green tick mark appears after you enter a value in the cell to indicate that the changes you made are successfully saved.
- To copy a range of cells: