If you want to allow users to export the custom dashboard as a .pptx or PDF file, use the 'Exportable' toggle setting in the Power BI Reports tab. Upon enabling this setting, the custom dashboard will display the Export button(), allowing users to choose the export file format.
To enable the Export function for a dashboard:
- From the upper-right corner, click on your user name or avatar and then select Administration from the list of options.
- Select the Power BI Reports tab to view the list of Power BI reports deployed into your application instance.
- Once you locate the dashboard, click on the Exportable? toggle-button to switch it on. By default, this setting will be disabled.
- PDF format is set as the default export file format. You can change it using the Default Format drop-down field.
- Click on the Update button to save the changes.
You have now enabled the export function for this dashboard. Navigate to the initiative sub-menu where the dashboard is available. You will see a print icon() among the action buttons displayed in the bottom right corner of the dashboard.