When multiple baselines are captured, there can sometimes be a requirement for preserving the originally saved baseline. In the meantime, users may choose to continue to update the baseline, but these updates can be maintained in a separate mutable version.
The Baselines tab within the initiative classifications settings page allows you to indicate how baselines should be recorded. Under this tab, you can:
- enable baselines
- record a baseline that allows updates and additions, or
- record a baseline that cannot be maintained, or
- configure a mutable and immutable version
To configure baselines:
- Navigate to the relevant initiative classification Edit page.
- Click on the Baseline tab.
- Put a tick in the Enable Baselines checkbox.
- There are three options that enable baseline recording.
By default, the Record a baseline that allows updates and additions checkbox is selected. This will allow the users to add and update baselines. This baseline will be mutable at all times.
If you select the Record a baseline that cannot be modified checkbox, it will mean that the users can only set a single initial baseline that cannot be updated later. The Update Baseline option in the hamburger menu and the Save Schedule & Update Baseline option in the Schedules page will not be available.
If you select both Record a baseline that allows updates and additions and Record a baseline that cannot be modified, the initial baseline will not be modified but maintained as a separate record and updates will be applied to the version of the baseline that allows updates.
- Click the Save button to save the settings.
Users will now be able to see the Baselines section on the Properties tab of all initiatives of the current classification. If a baseline is mutable and has been updated, the Received Updates column will show a tick mark.