To initiate a cost value upload, you must select the Import Data Type as Cost Values (Time Phased).
This article covers:
The upload process is the same as benefits or initiative upload. You'll need to complete the following steps.
- Prepare the excel template with data.
- Identify the initiative where cost profiles are defined.
- Enable Integrations for this initiative's classification.
- Upload the excel sheet into Amplify.
- Map columns in the excel sheet to corresponding cost attributes.
- Process the mapping.
When the integration is complete, all Excel sheet values are added to corresponding benefits in Amplify.
For data preparation:
Use the Configuration and FastLoad Spreadsheet as a template to create a new upload file. Click here to download this file. Add the following column information into the Cost Value FastLoad Sheet and save the template in a new name.
- Cost External ID or Amplify ID
- Cost Name
- Cost Category
You can create data files from scratch or use existing files after modifying the required data.
To fast load cost values:
- Locate the parent initiative and click Integrations.
- Click New Integration.
The New Integration form displays.
- Type in a relevant name for this integration in the Name field.
- Select Import Data Type as Cost Values (Time Phased).
- Click Save.
Click Run. Note: Ensure that the excel template is ready with valid data. All required columns should be present and filled with data before uploading.
- Select Upload New. Note: This option will not display if this is the initial upload.
- Click Choose File, and select the excel file containing the cost data.
- Select Use Previous if you have the used the excel template previously for this integration. When you select an existing file for the same integration instance, you do not need to map the attributes again; Amplify remembers the previous mapping done for this file. However, if you have included additional columns in the excel template since last integration, it is best to select Upload New.
- Select the Header option if you want to see the first row values in your excel file displayed as headers on the mapping interface.
- In the Sheet drop-down field, select the sheet within the template where benefit value data is stored.
Click Continue to proceed. Clicking Cancel will cancel the entire operation.
The integration interface displays.
The first row in the excel sheet displays as the header row on the interface. Values included in your excel sheet are listed below the header row. Your next step would be to map each header to a corresponding benefit value attribute.
- Click Edit Mapping.
The fields to be mapped display. Refer to Data Mapping Specifications for guidelines on mapping.
Click Preview when done. The preview shows mapping mismatches if any. Hover over the error icon to view the error text.
Remap faulty columns and preview until all mappings are correct. The Import button will not be enabled until all errors are corrected. Note: To correct some errors, you may need to modify the data in the excel sheet or make changes within Amplify. It is best to delete the previous integration and create a new integration in such situations. In addition to errors, you may see warnings. Warnings do not block the import process; you can proceed if you are ready to overlook them.
- Click Import...when all mismatches are corrected, and the green tick mark shows against all mapped rows.
- Click Confirm on the confirmation message that displays.
- Click End Session when the message All rows successful is displayed at the top of the interface. You can then navigate to the Costs menu and confirm if the values were uploaded correctly within the relevant cost profiles.