The Performance Dashboard is the place where you want to look if you want to get a quick overview of the overall progress of benefits delivered, project schedule progress or to view items that require immediate attention such as pending workflow approvals, delivery threats or benefit threats. The Performance tab will not be available unless it is set for the initiative classification via Administrative Settings.
When specified in settings, this dashboard can display either the Amplify 4 Step Process or the Stage Gate when this has been set up by an Amplify Administrator as the first section on this dashboard. When the Amplify Process is displayed, it will show the steps from the process in a visible representation. Clicking on Hide in the upper right corner of this widget will hide this widget from the dashboard. Click on Show to show the widget again.
When a Stage Gate has been set up, your Performance Dashboard will show your Stage Gate:
The stage-gate process is depicted using a linear process map. The stages are represented by the horizontal bars and the gates are represented by the interceding circles with the gate name displayed underneath. The stage-gate process progresses by securing approvals for each stage. If a stage is approved, you will see the stage line and the gate circle in green. Clicking on the gate name opens up the Approval panel below it.
The approval panel shows the following information:
- The current stage name and notes for the approver.
- The type of approval required:- unanimous, self, or single approval
- The current stage-gate name and whether it is pending or approved
- Names of the current approvers. Note: Role names will be displayed along with the names if the approver was added because the workflow was configured with their role as one of the approver roles
- Fields that allow you to add new approvers. Note: If the workflow has multiple layers of approvers, you will see arrow marks that allow you to view or add approvers. You cannot add or modify approvers or request approval to the second layer of approvers until and unless the required approvals are received from the first layer of approvers.
This dashboard can be used to :
- View approval details: Click on the gate for the stage that is to be approved to display the approval details panel.
- Add or remove approvers : Click on the gate for the stage that is to be approved to display the approval details panel. In the Add an Approver text box, type in the first few letters of the approver's username. Remember, only registered Amplify users can be added.
- Request stage-gate approvals: Click on the gate for the stage that is to be approved. Add approvers if required and click Request Approval. When all required participants configured in the Approval Workflow approve, the stage-gate become green.
Below the process widget, the following widgets are shown:
- Schedule Progress: Schedule Progress widget on Performance Dashboard displays the overall progress of the entire tasks within your initiative
- Percentage of Benefits Delivered will display the percentage of your target Benefits that have been delivered. It is calculated by adding up the progress percentages of all benefits for the initiative and then dividing that value by their total count. The individual benefit progress percentage is calculated by dividing actuals by plan. If the benefit is cumulative, it the last cumulative actual value divided by the total plan value. If the benefit is non-cumulative, this is calculated by dividing the value in the current actual divided by the total plan value.
- In the Health Overview, the number of initiatives, benefits and measures within this initiative is sorted by category. The categories are: in danger (red), needs attention (amber), on track (green) and not available or N/A (grey).
- The categories are based on the Amplify Index TM of the initiatives and benefits and the realisation health of the measures.
- Delivery Threats widget displays items that are likely to cause delay to the project. Click on the name of an item to navigate to the relevant page where you can take the required actions that will remedy the situation.
Possible situations that can cause different types of delivery threats are listed below.
- High Rated Issue/Risk/Dependency
- When a RAID item is rated high. Note: The rating configuration should have the Display on Dashboard setting enabled for it to be displayed here.
- High Risk without mitigation
- When a high-rated risk item doesn't have a mitigation plan.
- High Risk Initiative
- When an Initiative has high-rated risks.
- Status Fields
- When the initiative has one or more project status fields showing amber or red.
- Benefit with overdue Actuals
- When benefits with measures have overdue actuals. To remove this threat, record actuals for relevant measures.
- Delayed Task/milestone
- When a scheduled task or milestone that should have started has not recorded any progress yet. Note: Display on Dashboard setting should be enabled for the task or milestone for it to be displayed here.
- When a task or milestone that should have ended (has the end date in the past) have recorded progress less than 100%.
- Delayed Initiative
- When the Initiative has schedules, but the tasks or milestones have baseline variance.
- Risk Review
- When the Review Date is the present day or in the past. Update the review date to a future date or clear the review date field to get rid of this threat.
- Stage Gate Date Missed
- When an initiative has a classification where both the stage-gate process and local schedule is enabled, where a process milestone linked to a stage has its end date in the past.
- High Rated Issue/Risk/Dependency