Watch a short video
One of the techniques that Amplify offers to help users identify and evaluate the intended benefits of an investment is the Benefit Pathway. Watch a short video about benefit mapping here.
The Benefit Pathway will help precisely articulate:
- current business problems
- measures to overcome the problems
- what has to change
- what must be stopped
- benefits of the business change
A completed pathway displays the intended benefits in the last column and every benefit listed will be automatically added to your Benefit Register.
The Pathway tool can also be accessed via the hamburger menu. If you are unable to see this option in the hamburger menu, ensure that benefit pathway is configured for the classification.
To populate the columns in the Pathway:
- Click on the Add Item icon below Current Business Problems to add a business problem that you are facing. Repeat this step until you have completed inserting your business problems.
- Click on the Add Item icon below What has to change to add the changes that should be made to fix the problems. Repeat this step until you are done inserting what has to change.
- Click on the Add Item icon below What must be stopped to add what must be stopped to fix the problems. Repeat this step until you are done inserting what must be stopped.
- Click on the Add Item icon below Benefits to add the benefits of handling these business problems. Repeat this step until you are done inserting the benefits.
The completed Benefit Pathway can be used for later reference to see how benefits were identified. You can print the benefit pathway to PDF by clicking on the Print button.
Please note that Items in the first three columns can be reordered. You can also drag items from those three columns to another column.