The Amplify Support user is a special user account that can be used by the support engineer from Amplify team to log in to your organisation's Amplify instance for troubleshooting purposes. As an administrator, you can decide to enable this user account, choose to keep it enabled full-time or disable it. You may also lock the user as soon as the issue has been investigated and resolved.
The Amplify Support user account is automatically added to your instance and will be listed in the users table. This feature is available from version 19.11 onwards.
The support account will not contribute to the license count and cannot be added as the owner of any object within Amplify.
To enable the Amplify Support user account:
- Navigate to Manage Users tab.
- Toggle on the Amplify Support Access button.
- Access the Amplify Support user profile from the table.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select Grant this user Support Privileges (if it isn't enabled by default) Note: This checkbox will be visible only on the Amplify Support user profile.
- When you have changed the settings, click on Update to save the changes.
The Support Engineer at Amplify will be able to access your organisation's instance. When they are done troubleshooting, click on the Amplify Access Enabled toggle button to disable the access. It is important to only disable the Amplify Support user account instead of deleting it all together because if this user account is deleted, the Amplify team will not be able to access the instance.