Amplify's highly customisable interface gives your organisation the ability to set up its own Stage-gate process workflow.
Stage-Gate can be used to create a defined lifecycle process that all initiatives must follow. Each stage ends with a decision point (Stage-Gate) with assessment criteria that must be met and approval to proceed to the next stage are tracked via workflow and recorded in the initiative’s history log. With the Process Dashboard enabled from the on Classification settings, and Stage-Gate enabled from the Stage-Gate set up (both can be found in Administrator Settings) you will be presented with the Stage-Gate on the Performance Dashboard.
The stage-gate process is represented using a linear diagram. The stages are represented by the horizontal lines and the gates are represented by the interceding bars with the gate name displayed underneath. If a stage is approved, you will see the stage line and the gate bars in green. Clicking on the gate name opens up the Approval panel below it.
The approval panel shows the following information:
- The current stage name and notes for the approver
- The type of approval required:- unanimous, self, or single approval
- The current stage-gate name and whether it is pending or approved
- Names of the current approvers. Note: Role names will be displayed along with the names if the approver was added because the workflow was configured with their role as one of the approver roles
- Fields that allow you to add new approvers. Note: If the workflow has multiple layers of approvers, you will see arrow marks that allow you to view or add approvers. You cannot add or modify approvers or request approval to the second layer of approvers until and unless the required approvals are received from the first layer of approvers.