Amplify's highly customisable interface gives your organisation the ability to set up its own Stage-gate process workflow. The Performance dashboard displays the stage-gate process map when the Stage-gate process is enabled for your program or project.
Each stage ends with a decision point (Gate) with assessment criteria that must be met and approval to proceed to the next stage are tracked via workflow and recorded in the initiative’s history log.
If you'd like to initiate a workflow approval request for moving the process to the next stage, you can do using the stage-gate process map. The stages are represented by the horizontal lines and the gates are represented by the interceding bars with the gate name displayed underneath. If a stage is approved, you will see the stage line and the gate bars in green. Clicking on the gate name opens up the Approval panel below it.
The approval panel can be used to:
- View approval details: Click on the gate for the stage that is to be approved to display the approval details panel.
To request approval:
- Navigate to your initiative's Performance dashboard.
- On the process map, click on the gate that needs approval. This will reveal the approval details panel.
- In the text field below the comments entry field, type in the name of the approver. The system will show you matching user names as you begin typing in the first two letters. Click to select an approver. You can add multiple approvers. Remember, only registered Amplify users can be added. Clicking on the cross button will remove the approver.
- Click on the Request Approval button to send the approval notification to all selected users.
When all required participants configured in the Approval Workflow approve, the stage-gate become green.
Please sign in to leave a comment.