After you have uploaded the Benefits, you can proceed to add values for each benefit. To initiate a benefit value upload, you must select the Import Data Type as Benefit Values (Time Phased), instead of Benefit in the New Integration form. Actuals upload can get tricky if you do not take care of a few important points. Here is a list of key details that you should pay attention to:
- If the benefit that you want to upload records measures:
- Benefit External ID or Amplify ID column in the excel template should contain the ID of the first measure.
- Parent Type in the excel template should be Measure
- Series column should show which type of values you intend to upload. It can only contain CMO, FMO, Actual, or Forecast and not Plan because all benefits that have measures are attributed using these values. In case of a simple measure, CMO is 0, and FMO is the Plan value. If you have a simple measure, you can only add FMO as the series type in this column.
- If the benefit has no measures, the Benefit External ID or Amplify ID column should contain the benefit ID, Parent Type should be Benefit, and series can be Plan or Actual.
- It is best not to map Benefit Name column and Benefit External ID or Amplify ID column at the same time. Always map one of them to "No Action". We recommend not mapping the Benefit Name as there can be two benefits with the same name. If you are uploading measures, it is recommended that the Benefit Name column be mapped to "No Action" as well.
- Date column should always contain a date within the resolution range, ideally the first day of the series range. For example, when the resolution is Quarterly and the financial year ends in October, if you add 01/10/2018 in the Date field, you are uploading values for the last quarter.
The upload process is the same as benefits or initiative upload. Complete the following steps.
- Prepare the excel template with data.
- Identify the initiative where parent benefits live.
- Enable Integrations for this initiative's classification.
- Upload the excel sheet into Amplify.
- Map columns in the excel sheet to corresponding benefit value attributes.
- Process the mapping.
When the integration is complete, all values included in the Excel sheet are added to corresponding benefits in Amplify.
For data preparation:
Use the Configuration and FastLoad Spreadsheet as a template to create a new upload file. Click here to download this file. Add the following column information into the Benefit Value FastLoad Sheet and save the template in a new name.
- Benefit External ID or Amplify ID
- Benefit Name
- Parent Type
To fast load benefit values:
- Locate the parent initiative and click Integrations.
- Click New Integration.
The New Integration form displays.
- Type in a relevant name for this integration in the Name field.
- Select Import Data Type as Benefit Values (Time Phased).
- Click Save.
Click Run. Note: Ensure that the excel template is ready with valid data. All required columns should be present and filled with data before uploading. Click here to view the excel template used for uploading values into benefits with simple measures.
- Select Upload New.
- Click Choose file, and select the excel file containing the benefit values.
- Select Use Previous if you have the used the excel template previously for this integration. When you select an existing file for the same integration instance, you do not need to map the attributes once again; Amplify remembers the previous mapping done for this file. However, if you have included additional columns in the excel template since last integration, it is best to select Upload New.
- Select the Header option if you want to see the values in the first row in your excel file displayed as headers on the mapping interface.
- In the Sheet drop-down field, select the sheet within the template where benefit value data is stored.
Click Continue to proceed. Clicking Cancel will cancel the entire operation.
The integration interface displays.
The first row in the excel sheet displays as the header row on the interface. Values included in your excel sheet are listed below the header row. Your next step would be to map each header to a corresponding benefit value attribute.
- Click Edit Mapping.
The fields to be mapped display. Refer to Data Mapping Specifications for guidelines on mapping.
Click Preview when done. The preview shows mapping mismatches if any. Hover over the error icon to view the error text.
Remap faulty columns and preview until all mappings are correct. The Import button will not be enabled until all errors are corrected. Note: To correct some errors, you may need to modify the data in the excel sheet or make changes within Amplify. It is best to delete the previous integration and create a new integration in such situations. In addition to errors, you may see warnings. Warnings do not block the import process; you can proceed if you are ready to overlook them.
- Click Import...when all mismatches are corrected and the green tick mark shows against all mapped rows.
- Click Confirm on the confirmation message that displays.
- Click End Session when the message All rows successful is displayed at the top of the interface. You then navigate to the benefits to confirm if the values were uploaded correctly.