The Integrations feature can save you time when you want to add a large number of users into Amplify. This feature allows you to fast load, multiple users, at one go by uploading a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet that contains details of all users. You can use the Configuration and FastLoad Spreadsheet for this purpose.
To upload users in bulk:
Prerequisite: Prepare the excel sheet. Add user details into the FastLoad sheet and save the template. Ensure that you have filled data in all required columns.
- Navigate to Administration > Manage Users.
- Click Import Users.
The UserIntegrations interface displays.
- Click New Integration.
- Type in a relevant name for this upload in the Name field.
- Click Save.
- Click Run. Note: Ensure that the excel template is ready with valid data.
- Select Upload New, click Choose file, and then select the excel file containing the user details. Select Use Previous if you have the used the excel template previously for an integration. When you select an existing file, you do not need to map the attributes once again; Amplify remembers the previous mapping done for this file. If you have added new columns in the excel template, it is best to select Upload New.
- Select the Header option if you want to see the values in the first row in your excel file displayed as headers on the mapping interface.
- In the Sheet drop-down field, select the sheet within the excel template where user details are stored.
- Click Continue to proceed. Clicking Cancel will cancel the entire operation.
- The integration interface displays. First row in the excel sheet displays as the header row on the interface. Values included in your excel sheet are listed below. Your next step is would be to map each row to a corresponding user attribute.
- Click Edit Mapping.
A new row displays (under the header rows if you have enabled headers) with Type drop-down field.
This drop-down field lists all available user attributes in Amplify. Select an attribute that matches the row values in the excel sheet. Selecting Attribute Assignment from Type drop-down allows you to chose a mappable property from one of the values listed in the Attribute list. Note: You can verify the excel sheet values listed in the row below the mapping fields before choosing an attribute type. A red icon displays at the beginning of the row when a mapping is incorrect. Hover over the mismapped header row to view the error.
- Click Preview when done. The preview shows mapping mismatches if any. In addition to errors, you may see warnings. Warnings are indicated by orange symbols. Warnings do not block the import process; you can proceed if you are ready to overlook them.
- Click Import...when all errors are corrected and the green tick mark shows against all mapped rows.
- Click Confirm on the confirmation message that displays.
- Click End Session when the message All rows successful is displayed on the top of the interface.
The users in your excel template will be available in Amplify.