Amplify allows you to configure and utilise workflows to organise an approval process. You can add different approvers to sign off or reject a project, process stage, risk, impact, or actuals that require stakeholders' approval. Three steps are involved:
- The requester triggers the workflow. The requester can add approvers other than those that were added during workflow configuration or remove a few. They can then click on the Submit button to trigger the workflow. All users with the approver roles see the workflow notification on their Personal Dashboard, Performance Dashboard, or Benefits Dashboard. If email notifications are enabled, then all approvers will receive an email at this point.
If the approval workflow has multiple layers of approvers, you cannot add or modify approvers or request approval to the second layer of approvers until and unless the required approvals are received from the first layer of approvers.
- The approvers approve or reject the workflow. If the approval type is unanimous, all approvers need to approve, and one rejection can cause the entire workflow to be rejected. If the approval type is 'Any approval', then any single approval will result in overall approval. Some workflows need not require consents and can be self-approved.
When a layer is approved, Amplify sends email notifications to all participants. Emails are also sent to approvers of the next layer once the current layer is approved. If you add approvers after submitting the request, the new approvers will also receive an email notification. For more information about email notifications, see Configure Email Notifications.
- If a workflow is rejected, the owner can make the required modifications and resubmit the approval process.
Refer Administration section for information on how to configure workflows.
Once you have enabled a workflow, the dashboard of any initiative created in the system will show a workflow specific option on its hamburger menu.
To initiate a workflow:
- Add approvers: If it is an initiative, benefit or stage-gate workflow, you can add or remove approvers manually depending upon the configuration settings. However, other workflows, including the actuals and dependency workflows, get initiated when you add the object. You only need to ensure that the workflow is enabled. The workflow settings will determine the approver roles. For example, the dependency workflow will get initiated automatically when you add an external dependency.
If the initiative or benefit workflows are enabled, you'll see the option to launch it in the hamburger menu. Follow the steps to add approvers.
- Select Launch workflow from the hamburger menu.
- Click on the down-arrow in the approver selection field.
To remove an approver from that list, click on the cross button.
To add a new approver, type in the name in the search field.
Add an approval commentary in the text box at the top.
If you do not see buttons to add or remove, it may be because your Amplify administrator has locked the approver roles. You will not be able to add, modify or remove approvers in that case. Contact your administrator to get this situation resolved.
- Submit the workflow.
You have now initiated the approval workflow. All approvers in the list would see a notification on their Personal Dashboard. They can approve or reject. The response will be tracked as an entry on the History page of the initiative. The initiator can check the approval response by clicking the History button on the initiative dashboard.
Please sign in to leave a comment.