Amplify allows you to configure and utilise workflows to organise an approval process by adding different approvers signoff or reject a project, process stage, a risk, or any changed item that requires the consent of stakeholders. Three steps are involved:
- The initiator triggers the workflow. The initiator can add approvers other than those that were added during workflow configuration or remove a few. They can then click on the Request Approval button to trigger the workflow. All users with the approver roles see the workflow notification on their Personal Dashboard, Performance Dashboard, or Benefits Dashboard. If email notifications are enabled, then all approvers will receive an email at this point.
If the approval workflow has multiple layers of approvers, you cannot add or modify approvers or request approval to the second layer of approvers until and unless the required approvals are received from the first layer of approvers.
- The approvers approve or reject the workflow. If the approval type is unanimous, all approvers need to approve, and one rejection can cause the entire workflow to be rejected. If the approval type is 'Any approval', then any single approval will result in overall approval. Some workflows need not require consents and can be self-approved.
When a layer is approved, Amplify sends email notifications to all participants. Emails are also sent to approvers of the next layer once the current layer is approved. If you add approvers after submitting the request, the new approvers will also receive an email notification. For more information about email notifications, see Configure Email Notifications.
- If a workflow is rejected, the owner can make the required modifications and resubmit the process for approval.
Once you have enabled a workflow, the dashboard of any initiative created in the system will show a workflow specific option on its hamburger menu.
To initiate a workflow:
- Add approvers
- On the initiative Dashboard, open the hamburger menu.
- Click on the down-arrow next to the workflow, for example, the Initiative Workflow option.
- To remove an approver from that list, click on the cross button.
- To add a new approver, type in the name in the search field.
- Add an approval commentary in the text box at the top.
- Click on the Submit button.
You have now initiated the approval workflow. All approvers in the list would see a notification on their Personal Dashboard. They can approve or reject. The response will be tracked as an entry on the History page of the initiative. The initiator can check the approval response by clicking the History button on the initiative dashboard.