- view and modify project properties
- assign different statuses to your project
- create and manage project goals
- create scenarios
- set baselines
- manage resource capacities
Edit Project Properties
Amplify is configured to allow inline editing of the project details from your project's Properties dashboard. You just need to click in any field on the Properties dashboard to edit it.
Alternatively, you can click on the Edit button at the top-right of the interface to open the initiative in edit mode.
You can modify the following settings:
- Name: Click in this field to modify the project title.
- Amplify ID: This number uniquely identifies your project with the entire system. You can use this ID to search for your project within the system by typing it in the search bar. This field is not editable.
- Description: Click in this field and type in any additional information that you want to add about the project.
- Start Date: You can use this field to modify the start date of the project.
- End Date: Click in this field to modify the end date.
- Completed: This is a non- editable field that indicates whether the current project is completed or not. When the schedule progress of the project becomes 100%, the value in this field changes to YES.
If your administrator has set up custom fields, they appear on the Properties Dashboard below the standard fields.
Set the Status Indicators
You can indicate the status of key areas of your project using the Status Reporting Indicator fields. By default, Amplify provides five types of status indicators: Schedule status, Issue status, Financial status, Risk Status and Overall status.
Green, Amber, and Red colours are used to represent the statuses. Green indicates that the project is on track for that specific area, while amber indicates that it needs attention and red means requires immediate action. In addition to the standard colours, administrators can create custom traffic light fields to use as indicators according to the needs of your project.
To assign different statuses to your project using the Status Reporting Indicator fields:
- Open the project.
- Click the Properties tab and scroll down to Status Reporting Indicators section.
- Click in the status field that you want to modify.
- Choose another status from the list.
- Click on the tick mark to save the changes.
The Goals panel at the lower-half of the Properties page allows you to create project goals, view and manage them.
Learn more about goals here.