Creating a Goal within Amplify involves identifying the benefits that would contribute to the goal plus setting yearly target values for as long as the benefits are active.
To create a goal for an initiative:
- Ensure that Enable Local Goals setting is selected in the Classification setting for the initiative and one or more goal classifications have been identified as allowed classification.
- Navigate to Properties Dashboard.
- Scroll down to Goals and click New.
- Fill out the New Goal form.
when you select a Goal Unit, ensure that it matches with the Benefit Value Unit of all contributing benefits.
- select the option, This Goal is Cumulative to display the cumulative representation of Goals by default on the Goals chart.
- Goal Owner is the person responsible for monitoring this goal.
By default, all benefits with matching goal unit will contribute towards the goal. If a contributing benefit has to match a filter criterion, you can configure this by specifying the filter criteria in the Benefit Filters area. Note: When the desired filter criterion is not available, it can be created using Custom Fields.
All benefit classifications with matching goal unit are listed under the Benefit Classifications panel. Select the classification that should contribute to this goal. If you do not select anything here, all listed classifications would contribute, which may result in inaccurate calculations on the Goals Dashboard.
If you want to take stock of the goal for a specific financial year in particular, select that year from the Reporting Year drop-down list.
- Click Save.
If you enabled Set a target for this goal option, the Adjust Target tab displays on Save, allowing you to define yearly targets for the goal.