Creating a Goal within Amplify involves identifying the benefits that would contribute to the goal plus setting yearly target values for as long as the benefits are active.
To create a goal for an initiative:
- Ensure that Enable Local Goals setting is selected in the classification setting for the initiative, and one or more goal classifications have been identified as allowed classification.
- Navigate to Properties Dashboard.
- Scroll down to Goals and click on the New button.
- Fill out the New Goal form.
The goal unit must match with the unit of all contributing benefits. To check which unit is being used for a benefit, access the benefit dashboard. The unit of measure is listed in the properties panel.
- Select This Goal is Cumulative to display the cumulative representation of Goals by default on the Goals chart.
- Goal Owner is the person responsible for monitoring this goal.
By default, all benefits with matching goal unit will contribute towards the goal. If a contributing benefit has to match a filter criterion, you can configure this by specifying the filter criteria in the Benefit Filters area. Note: When the desired filter criterion is not available, it can be created using Custom Fields.
All benefit classifications with matching goal unit are listed under the Benefit Classifications panel. Select the classification that should contribute to this goal. If you do not select anything here, all listed classifications will contribute, resulting in inaccurate calculations on the Goals Dashboard.
If you want to take stock of the goal for a specific financial year, in particular, select that year from the Reporting Year drop-down list.
- Click Save or Save & Create Another if you have more goals to add.
If you enabled the Set a target for this goal option and set the reporting year, the Adjust Target tab displays on saving the changes, allowing you to define the target for the year.