Amplify provides the ability to create different cost categories. Before creating categories, you should create classifications to base them upon.
To create a cost category classification:
- From the upper-right corner, click on your user name or avatar and then select Administration from the list of options.
- Select the Classifications tab and click on the New Classification button.
This will display the New Classification form.
- Select Cost Category from the Object Type drop-down list.
This will reveal fields specific to cost category creation.
- Fill out the fields as required.
- Enabling the External ID setting will display a field to capture the External ID.
- Click on the Save button when done.
You have now created a cost category classification. The next step is to create different cost categories using these category classifications.