When you select the Manage Users tab from the Administration menu, you will be able to see all users in the system.
To view a specific user record quickly, type in full or part of the username or email ID in the text field at the top of the page. Key information pertaining to the user profile is listed in the table below, including their full name, email ID, an indication of whether they have the admin privileges or not, can act as a support user or not, have they subscribed to Amplify's monthly newsletter, or if the account is currently locked or not. You can also view the sign-in count and the last logged in date.
Clicking on the blue icon next to a username will open the user account dashboard.
The user dashboard looks as below.
All you need to know about the user profile is shown on the user dashboard. In addition to the basic information, you will be able to see action buttons that will enable you to lock the user profile, reassign ownership and delete the user profile and subscribe to the mailing list.
It also lists the initiatives that the user is linked to as well as their role in an individual initiative. You can select View Team in this list with will direct you to the team builder dashboard.
This article describes how to:
- create users
- import users
- view or modify the properties of existing users
- lock a user profile
- remove users
- change user password
Creating New Users
To create a new user:
- Click on Create a user button.
- Enter Name, Email, Language, Password and Password Confirmation.
Note: Leave the Password field as blank, if you want the end-users to enable them to set their own password.
- Select the user's preferred language from the Language drop-down field. Amplify is available in English and Japanese. Remember, this setting will affect only the current user. Email notifications will also be sent in the selected language.
- Select access enabling checkboxes as required:
- Grant the user admin privileges: Select this option if you want the user to be able to change admin settings. A user with admin privileges will also automatically get enterprise access.
- Grant this use support privileges: This setting will be visible only for the Amplify Support user. When enabled, the Amplify Support user can log in to your organization's instance to troubleshoot issues.
- Grant this user system settings privileges: On enabling this, the user will have access to the System Settings menu.
- Allow this user to create Programs: This option is relevant if your site is configured to use the Program model. Selecting this option will make the user the program administrator.
- Click on the Create User button to create this user.
Modifying a User Account
Clicking on the Edit button on the user dashboard will open the Edit Amplify Account page. Here you will be able to modify the user's email address and password. You can also grant or revoke access privileges, reset the password or lock the account.
To edit a user account:
- Access the user profile from the Manage Users tab.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Change the field settings as necessary.
- When you have changed the settings, click on Update to save the changes.
The Reassign and Delete User button will allow you to permanently delete a user profile from Amplify. You must select the name of the user who will be replacing the deleted user in this field. This will ensure that all pending approvals, initiative and task ownerships are reassigned to the selected user before the existing user profile is deleted.
Locking a User Account
To lock a user, you can either use the Lock button on the user dashboard or the Lock this Account button on the Edit form.
Changing User Password
You can the Force Password Change button when you want to change a user's Amplify password. Upon clicking this button, an email is sent to the user's registered email address. To set up their password, the user will need to click on the link provided in the e-mail.
Please sign in to leave a comment.