The term 'initiative' is used to broadly classify projects, programs, or any activity that you want to track and manage using Amplify.
The prerequisite to creating a project is configuring an initiative classification. Classifications are defined in the administration section.
Once you have your desired initiative classification set up, perform the following steps to create a project.
- Use the hierarchy button to navigate to the desired hierarchical level where you want to create the project, or
Click on the Home button to open your Personal Dashboard.
- Click on My Initiatives in the secondary menu. This will open the Initiatives Register.
- Click on the Create a New Initiative button.
- Enter Name and Description.
- Select the Classification as a project.
- Select a Start Date.
- Select an End Date.
- Select the Owner of the project.
You will see status indicator fields and custom data capture fields on this form if they are configured for the initiative classification. Read more about configuring status indicators in How to add Status Indicator fields on the Properties Dashboard?
- Click on Save to save the changes or Save & Create Another to create another initiative.
The new project will now be visible in the Initiative Register. Clicking on the project name will open its dashboard. There won't be data shown on the project dashboard yet as there are different tasks that you have to go through before the dashboard will be filled.