The term 'initiative' is used to broadly classify projects, programs, portfolio or any activity that you want to track and manage using Amplify.
Once you have your desired initiative classification set up, perform the following steps to create a project.
- Use the hierarchy button to navigate to the desired hierarchical level where you want to create the project, or
Click on the Home button to access your Personal Dashboard.
- Click on My Initiatives in the registers menu. This will open the Initiatives Card View.
- Locate the parent initiative and click on the name link.
- Click on the Initiatives sub-menu and select New Initiative or click on the New button.
Fill out the form that displays next.
- Enter Name and Description.
- Select the Classification as a project.
- Select a Start Date.
- Select an End Date.
- Select the Owner of the project.
You will see status indicator fields and custom data capture fields on this form if they are configured for the initiative classification. Read more about configuring status indicators in How to add Status Indicator fields on the Properties Dashboard?
- Click on the Save button to save the changes or select the Create another checkbox to create another initiative.
The new project will now be visible in the Initiative Card View. Clicking on the project name will open its dashboard.