When you create a Measure or Benefit, you have to select the unit that is used. There are some default units that can be selected, but it is also possible to create your own measurement units. The Measurement Units interface allows you to:
Creating a Measurement Unit
To create a new unit:
- Click on the Create a new Unit button.
- Enter Name and Description.
- Enter Decimal point accuracy. This number represents how many decimal places are usually used in this unit. You are not able to enter more decimals on the measure than the number of decimals you have entered here. This number of decimals will also be used when generating the FMO, CMO and Forecast on the measure.
- Check This type is financial when this unit represents a financial unit. When you select a financial unit in a benefit, the benefit will automatically be included in financial calculations.
- Check This unit type is a percentage when this unit represents a percentage. When you select a percentage unit on a measure, the values on the measure will automatically be divided by 100 in the calculation of the benefit. When you select a percentage unit on a benefit, the values on the benefit will automatically be multiplied by 100 in the calculation of the benefit.
- Select when Changing resolution by Translating to Financial Data Option. Choose between a Sum or by Reference.
- Click on the Create Unit button.
Modifying a Measurement Unit
To edit an existing measurement unit:
- Click on the name in the Measurement Units interface.
The Edit Unit page will open.
- Change the settings here.
- Click on the Update Unit button to save the changes.
Deleting a Measurement Unit
To delete a measurement unit, you must access the Edit Unit form.
- Click on the Delete button in the edit unit page to delete the selected unit.
A unit can only be deleted when it has not been used in a benefit or measure. The Delete button does not display if the unit is being used in a benefit or measure.
Please sign in to leave a comment.