This article describes how to:
- specify a distinct colour to identify the classification
- configure dashboards of your choice for your project
- allow the initiative to have sub-initiatives
- configure Benefits Register, Local RAID items, RAID Register and Local Goals
- enable Schedule
- display project status indicators on the Properties dashboard
- enable Benefit Map, Costs, Ledger and Scenario
- enable Benefit Milestones, Resource Demand and Configure Standard Reports
- enable External IDs
- enable Integrations
- set as the default type
- delete the classification
Specifying a name and a distinct colour for the classification
When selecting Object Type of Initiative, you can specify the initiative name and the colour which will identify the classification across the Amplify interface.
To name an initiative classification and select a colour:
- From the upper-right corner, click on your user name or avatar and then select Administration from the list of options.
- Select the Classifications tab.
- Click the New Classification button.
- In the page that displays, click in the Object Type drop-down list and select Initiative.
- Add a name for the classification.
- Use the colour picker to select the colour with which users will be able to identify the classification.
The settings that you see next will enable you to choose the dashboards that will be available for users to view on all initiatives of the classification type.
To configure dashboards for an initiative classification:
- Available Dashboards drop-down field and select which tab-selectable interfaces you would like displayed on the initiative dashboard.
- Map ROI
- Click in the Default Dashboard drop-down field and select what the default interface will be on the initiative dashboard.
- PowerBI dashboards can be embedded and viewed directly from Amplify. Click in the Available Power BI Dashboards drop-down field and select which Power BI dashboards to be mapped to initiative classification.
- Click in the Financial Reporting drop-down field and select Cumulative if you want the financial reports to show cumulative output or select Annualised if the output can be annualised. When you select Annualised you will be able to set a reporting year. The reporting year you choose will determine which year's values will appear as labels on top of the financial dashboards.
The options in the Configuration section allows you to enable features such as Business Cases, Pathways, Benefits and Maps, Cost Categories at any initiative level.
Select the following options as required.
- If you want the classification to be produced from Amplify's outcome Map section, set the Allow objects of this type to be created using the Map option.
- If you want to allow users to create and maintain Business Cases, select the Enable Business Case option.
- If you want to allow the initiative to have direct sub initiatives, set the Enable Local Initiatives option. Click in the Allowed Initiative Classifications drop-down field to and select which Initiative Classifications are allowed as sub initiatives.
- At higher-level Initiatives, you may wish to have a user view the Initiatives register, without giving them the ability to produce/edit any local Initiatives. The Enable Initiatives Register will enable the Initiative Register.
- Enabling Local Benefits allows the classification to have Benefits associated with it. You can create or edit Benefits with this feature activated. Activating this feature automatically activates the Benefits Register.
Enabling Benefits Register, Local RAID items, RAID Register and Local Goals
If the initiative you will add need to capture benefits, RAID (Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies) or goals, you can use the following options to configure them.
- Enable Benefits Register: By enabling the Benefits register, you are giving access to the register via the Secondary Menu. At higher-level Initiatives, you may wish to have a user view the benefits register, without giving them the ability to produce/edit local benefits.
- Enable Local RAID items: Enabling Local RAID items allows classification to have RAID items associated with it. You can create or edit RAID items with this feature activated. Activating this feature automatically activates the RAID Register.
- Enable RAID Register: By enabling the RAID register, you are giving access to the register via the Secondary Menu. At higher-level Initiatives, you may wish to have a user view the RAID register, without giving them the ability to produce/edit RAIDs.
- Enable Local Goals: Enabling Local Goals allows classification to have Goals associated with it. You can create or edit Goals with this feature activated.
Select Enable Schedule and choose one of the following options to allow schedule management.
- Local- Local schedule allows the creation/editing of a new/existing schedule.
- Rollup- This is a read-only schedule for higher-level parent Initiatives. Design for an overview of the project.
Enabling Project Status Indicators
Enabling status Indicators will display specific reporting indicators on the initiative Properties dashboard.
Enabling Benefit Map, Costs, Ledger and Scenario
The following options will allow you to enable benefit map, costs, cost ledger, benefit pathway and scenarios on the initiative dashboard.
- Select the Enable Map checkbox if you want to enable the Map feature for the initiative.
- If you want to make the Costs feature available on the initiative, select the Enable Cost checkbox. Use the Available Cost Categories drop-down field to indicate what are the cost categories allowed for the initiative.
- If you want to make cost ledgers visible and enabled for the classification, select Enable Cost Ledger.
- Selecting the Enable Pathway checkbox enables the Amplify Pathway tool within the Classification. The Pathway feature will be displayed in the hamburger menu for each initiative.
- Enabling scenarios will enable their creation on the Properties dashboard. You can choose which Initiative level you would like the prioritisation filtering of scenarios to work at. Remember, even if this is enabled, the scenario may be visible depending upon each users' role.
Enabling Benefit Milestones, Resource Demand and Configuring Standard Reports
- Enable Benefit Milestones: Enables Benefit Milestones to be used in a schedule.
- Enable Resource Demand: Enabling Resource Demand allows the classification to have Resources associated with it. You can input or edit Resources with this feature activated.
- Enable Resource Capacity: By enabling the Resource Capacity, you are giving access to the overview of Resources via the Secondary Menu. At higher-level Initiatives, you may wish to have a user view the Resource Capacity, without giving them the ability to input/edit Resource Demand.
- Enable Reports: Administrators can enable which reports are available for an Initiative classification, as well as it's the default file format. If this is left blank, the Print icon on the related dashboard will not appear.
- Initiative Quick Print Report- Sets what report prints from the Printer Icon in the Secondary menu of an Initiative Dashboard.
- Benefit Quick Print Report- Sets what report prints from the Printer Icon in the Secondary menu of a Benefit Dashboard.
Enabling External IDs
This is an advanced setting which enables a field to show External ID when data is being imported from another program.
Enables the Integrations Dashboard on the secondary menu (advanced users and integration experts only)
Setting a classification as the default type
After an Initiative has been set up. It will appear in the Classification dashboard list. You can set this Initiative as the default classification by clicking on the Edit button, and scroll down on the Edit dashboard.
Removing a classification
Make sure that the classification you are removing does not have any active objects. For example, you cannot remove a 'Project' type classification if there active projects in the system. The Remove option is found at the end of the Classification settings Edit form.