Use the Project's Teams page to add project team members and shared teams. You can also review user permissions using the Audit menu.
This article discusses:
- Adding project teams manually
- Adding team members
- Adding a shared team into your project
- Reviewing permissions
Add Project Teams
By default, every project has a team. You only need to add members to it. Additionally, you can add centrally managed shared project teams to your project.
You cannot manually choose the team members of a shared team. They are configured by the Administrator or the user with administrator privileges.
If you want to choose your team members manually, you can use the Add Team Member button to add your team members.
To add a shared team to your project:
- Click Add Team.
- The Add Team page that displays will list all available shared teams configured by your administrator.
- Locate the desired team and click on the + button to add it to your project.
Add Team Members
Under the Teams page, the Teams selection field displays all available teams in your project.
By default, every project has a team. The panel on the right-hand side shows the default team name. To change it, click the pen icon next to it. Optionally, you can add a description below the name. Along with the name, you can also see the number of team members, the number of projects that the team is assigned to, and the number of assignment rules applied to it on the right-hand side.
When you select a team, the section below will display the profile pictures of team members and their names and roles. If you want to find a specific user in this list, type in the user's name in the search field on the right and click on the magnifier image. You can also sort the list by name or role.
If you don't see any names, it means you don't have any team members.
To add team members to your project:
Navigate to the Team page in your project (under Teams & Roles).
- Ensure that you have selected the current project team in the first field.
- Click Select All Visible from the top left corner, above your list of users, to select the entire list of available users. To select only certain users, click directly on the check box next to the name. Scroll through the list and add as many users as you like. Alternatively, you can use the search field at the top to search for specific users.
- For each user you select, you can specify a role. If you do not want to add roles to each member, you can assign an inbuilt role to all selected users at one go. To do this, select a role from the role selection field at the top of the page, above the users' list.
- Now, click Assign Selection. You'll notice that the role selection field beside each user name shows the role that you specified.
- Click Add and Review to move to the next page, where you can see only the member records you've chosen to add to your team. Clicking on Go Back to Add will take you back to the user selection page.
- Once you're happy with the list, click Commit changes to add the selected users to your project team.
Review User Permissions
If you need to review the access permissions available to users in your project, you can do so using the Audit page.